The Sumner Food Bank will be open on Monday, June 15 and Monday July 6. It will continue to be open for customers every 1st and 3rd Monday 9am-Noon.
the food bank is open every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month, 9am-Noon. food bank service is also available for emergencies. contact the food bank via the church email - firstname.lastname@example.org - for emergencies.
through our partnership with good shepherd food bank (gsfb) and wayside food programs we are able to offer access to the usda commodity supplemental food program (csfp) - aka senior citizen program. if you are 60 or older, download this CSFP APPLICATION form and either bring it to the food bank or send it to wayside food programs. click on the button below to see what is in this box. our partnership with gsfb also supports our involvement in tefap (usda supported) and non-tefap food supplies.
We provide USDA supplied tefap (the emergency food assistance program). this program is available in accordance with federal rules. use the buttons below to download current tefap qualification criteria and the usda non-discrimination policy. if you are new to the food bank, please download the link2feed form and complete it so that you can give it to the volunteer when you arrive.
While we are dealing with concerns regarding covid 19 we are restricting access into the actual facility to volunteers only. customers will be given a shopping list - sample is provided in the button below. volunteers will pull product and place the customer's order on the porch for them to take to their car. if you cannot download these forms, then email us at email@example.com with your needs so that we can accomplish as much as possible in advance. the same applies to the link2feed and csfp forms - if you cannot download the forms for completion electronically, email us the info and we will fill out the forms. we will take your email as a signature.
for our mutual safety, please wear a face mask - even if it is only a bandana over your mouth and nose - when you are here. if we all do this it will help reduce the potential for transmission of the virus here. even while wearing a face mask maintain not less than a 6' distance to everyone else.
if you are unable to come on the normal monday opening, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a tailored time. food availability has been good but what we have will likely change from distribution day to distribution day. as a result, when you come we may substitute what we have that is more or less equivalent to what you ask for. as always we will fill your requests based on inventory and household size. we encourage all who are eligible for CSFP (age 60 and over) to ensure that they are signed up for that program.
When you use the pdf format follow these steps:
1. Click on the button and it opens as a fillable pdf document.
2. Use the requested column and put an x on what you want. If you want to add a quantity, use a number. We will provide what we can.
3. Save the file as a pdf document on your device. Add your name to the file name so that we know whose it is.
4. Send it as an attachment on an email to email@example.com. If you find that you cannot save the document, then make a list from it and transcribe that to an email and send it that way.
If you use the xls file, follow these steps.
1. Click on the button and it opens as an excel document. You can make entries in it as you would any excel spreadsheet.
2. Save the new file as an xls file on your device, adding your name to the file name.
3. Attach it to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find that you cannot save the document, then you can copy its contents and paste that into an email or just transcribe, by hand, the desired items directly into your email.
The Link2Feed form is the registration form for the Sumner Food Bank. If you have not already completed it, please do so before coming for services.
1. Click on the box. This is a fillable pdf form. Once it opens you will be able to insert your information into the spaces.
2. When it is complete, where it calls for signature on page 1 type in /s/plus your name. We'll take that as your signature.
3. Then save the document as a new pdf file with your name in the file name.
4. Send it as an attachment to email@example.com.
5. Or, download the form and fill it out be hand and turn it into us when you come.